This web site was created by the volunteer members of the Montville Historical Group. We are currently focusing on the evolution of Montville and Flaxton and will be adding more stories and photographs as time goes by.
If you have photos, stories, family histories or recollections to share about Hinterland districts including Montville, Flaxton, Balmoral and Hunchy we would love to hear from you.
Contact us by emailing email@example.com
You can use the search field below to search the whole of site or simply access via the navigation bar at the top. Have fun!!
This Month – October – A Big Congratulations to Montville State School who is celebrating its 125 year anniversary this month
Next Month – Book 3 in the Montville Stories Series will be available – Fifty Years of Change – Make it a thoughtful Christmas present for anyone with a connection to Montville.
- Can a young “Greek Bride” become a leader in a small community? Ask Margaret Farmer!
- Can an “hysterical housewife” stop a national development company in its tracks? Ask Deb Davis!
- Can a young Canadian business woman save a school community? Ask Karen Barnett!
- Can a girl from the bush write history for ordinary people? Ask Gillie Warren!
- Can two pommies create a culture of art-tourism in a small community? Ask John and Beryl Davies
- Are there any men in this book? A couple, but they have strong partners!
Find out about people you’ve never heard of as well as those you thought you knew – they’re some of the people who have shaped our Montville of today. Cost: $20 Available at Montville Post Office or order online from our website.